Products and Pricing
Products and Pricing Overview
Freestone™ Client Administration portals allow management of specific, purchasable products by determining the product medium and price. Purchase prices set in Freestone™ Client Administration are determined by a customer’s membership status. Pricing may be set at a regular rate for all customers or discounted for members. Pricing may also be adjusted for token-based subscriptions.
The available products and product descriptions are listed below. Different clients use different products. While all products are available, it may not be in a particular organization’s best interest to use all of the product mediums.
|CD-ROM||slides, videos and materials for running the program through any computer’s media player|
|Audio CD||audio from a presentation for play on any computer or CD player|
|Audio Cassette||audio from a presentation for customers with a cassette player (Not produced in-house at Peach New Media)|
|Additional CE Credit||access to a Continuing Education (CE) Credit certificate; customers may purchase the credit alone, or after completing a course|
|MP3 Audio CD||audio from a presentation for play on any computer or CD player with MP3-reading capabilities|
|Streaming||a link to view a previous recording in the streaming interface|
|DVD||a video of an event to be played on a DVD player or computer|
|Materials Only||downloadable event materials including PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and more|
|VHS||video from a presentation for customers with a video cassette player (Not produced in-house at Peach New Media)|
|Live Webcast||a link that allows viewing of a live event occurring in-person elsewhere|
|Podcast||audio from an event downloadable to a computer, portable music device or smart device|
|Vodcast||video from an event downloadable to a computer, portable music device with video capabilities, or a smart device|
|Teleseminar||telephone numbers and dial-in passcodes for a live, audio-only conference|
|Webinar + CD||a link to view a live webinar, and a CD containing the slides, videos and materials from the live event|
|MP3 Flash Drive||slides, videos and materials placed on the flash drive for use through any computer’s media player|
|Web-talk + CD||a link to view a live webinar, and a CD containing the slides, videos and materials from the live event|
|Web-talk + Download||a link to view a live webinar, and a link to download a WMV or MP4 file after the completion of a webinar|
|Download||a WMV or MP4 file available for download after the completion of a webinar|
|Webinar + Download||a link to view a live webinar, and a link to download a WMV or MP4 file after the completion of a webinar|
|Attend In-Person||admittance into a live, in-person event|
|Webinar + Archive||a link that allows viewing of a webinar and a link that allows re-viewing of the webinar in the streaming interface after event completion|
|Questionnaire||an additional quiz for credit or certification, or a survey of the information provided via online learning by the organization|
|Additional Line||an additional item or event at a different price; may be used to differentiate pricing for certain events|
|Audio CD + Streaming||a link that allows viewing of a webinar and a CD of the audio from the webinar after event completion|
|Online Materials||downloadable webinar materials including PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and more|
|Streaming + CD-ROM||a link that allows viewing of a webinar and a CD-ROM of the webinar including slides, videos and materials after event completion|
Creating Products and Determining Pricing
The following steps will assist you in providing products and product-specific pricing.
- Log in to your Freestone™ Client Administration portal using the username and password provided by Peach New Media.
- Open the Courses tab in the top navigation bar and select the seminar for which products will be provided to customers.
- Navigate to the Menu pane on the left side of your screen, and select Products.
- Navigate to the Seminar Editor pane, and view the Products section. To create a new product, click add. This will open a window titled Add a New Product.
- In the Add a New Product window, complete the three (3) fields.
- Product Type refers to the medium by which the information will be shared. This will be shown in the Products section of the Freestone™ Client Administration portal, and when customers select a product to add to their shopping cart.
- Full Price is the base amount customers will pay to use the product. If no discounts are provided to association members, this will be the only field filled. If a product price is $15, 15.00 should be entered into the box. If products are free, enter 0.00 in the box.
- Member Price is the optional discounted amount members pay to use the product. If members were to receive special pricing of $10 for a product, 10.00 would be entered into the box. Some organizations may use additional pricing tiers for members. If additional tiers are used, they will be found in the “Add New Product” window in the same style as the full and member price boxes.
- Token Value is specifically for organizations that use token-based subscriptions for their customers. This field will not appear in Freestone Client Administration portals of organizations that do not use subscriptions. Tokens are traded for access to the program. If customers were to trade 10 tokens to view an event, 10 would be entered into the box. A token value of zero indicates this product is not for purchase using a token subscription.
NOTE: Some users may see the Product ID field as seen in the following screenshot. This is where you will input your organization’s product ID numbers, if necessary. This feature must be created by your Account Director.
- When the fields in the Add a New Product window have been completed, click save. The product will be stored in the Products List pane of the Seminar Editor.
Managing Existing Products and Pricing
Products and pricing are held in the Products List, found in the Seminar Editor of Products from the menu. Both are seminar-specific. For every seminar an organization provides, products must be created.
To edit a product, click the edit button under the product type. To permanently delete a product, click the delete button. If using product codes, the code number will be listed here as well.
When working with products and pricing, always remember the following:
- Products are seminar specific
- Pricing and token values are product specific
- Pricing can be multi-level; each level may have a different monetary value
- Token values are only used if token-based subscriptions are offerend to customers
- Products with a zero token value are not available for purchase using a token-based subscription
- If there is only one price for all customers, only fill the full price box
- If the product is free, enter 0.00 into the full price box
- The product medium and pricing can be changed by clicking the edit button in the products list