Screen Sharing in Freestone™ Presenter
The screen sharing functionality in Freestone™ Presenter allows live event attendees to see a presenter’s desktop in real time. The following instructions provide information on initializing, managing, and ending a screen sharing session.
Utilizing the Screen Sharing Tool
- Use the link provided by your Peach New Media Account Director to open Freestone™ Presenter.
- Locate and click the Presentations button in the top left corner. Presentations directs you to the Slide Control Dashboard where you can upload slides, switch between presentations, start rotating slides, and initialize screen sharing.
- To initiate the Screen share session, click on the green Start Session button.
- You may be prompted to download the latest version of Java. The following notification will appear when you’ve updated Java or if your system is already compatible.
- Click Run.
- You will see the controls, below, on your screen. As long as you see this box, you are sharing your screen. You have the option to share your entire screen or use your mouse to designate a shared area by drawing a rectangle. Note: If you have multiple monitors, it will share the screen upon which the controls box appears.
If you decide to share inside a rectangle, you will see a green box appear around the designated sharing area. Adjust the size of the shared area by clicking and dragging the corners of the rectangle.
- When you have finished utilizing the screen sharing tool, click the red Stop Sharing button. You can return to a slide presentation, if desired.